Saturday, May 14, 2011

Color My World with a VC Rocks Blog Hop

I hope you are enjoying your VC Rocks blog hop today! 
I chose to brayer ink on Whisper White cardstock.  Although I usually use lots of blues, I challenged myself to use some purples and oranges.  I like the results.

This is my first reflection card.  Using the smooth side of the stamp-a-majig sheet was easier than I thought.  The ship stamp, called The Open Sea, is from our Stampin' Up! Summer Mini Catalog. The inks are Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant.  The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.




I brayered different oranges and blues on two pieces of Whisper White cardstock.  Once again I used The Open Sea stamp set to stamp images in Basic Black.  Using my 1 1/4" square punch, I punched out the "interesting" areas, then layered them on Basic Black and Marina Mist cardstock.  I used one piece of each of the baker's twine with the Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler threads for my knot.  The technique, By the Inch, is from the Technique Junkies Newsletter.


I didn't color anything on this card, but just look at the yummy colors in the Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper!  Mmm!  Once again, I used The Open Sea stamps; this time, inked with Early Espresso.

If you want to go backwards in this hop, then Click Here.
If you want to go forwards, then Click Here.
If you want to go back to the beginning with the full list of blogs, Click Here.

Thanks for hopping here and enjoy the rest of your hop!
Elizabeth Kratzer




23 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I LOVE your reflection card. It is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, esp the reflection card. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Elizabeth, these are GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    I absolutely love them! You are such a great artist. Lucky for me I have a stash of Kratzer projects here at my home to fawn over, lol.

    Thanks so much for sharing these.

    hugs, (and one for Mandy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reflection card is stunning, Elizabeth! And I love how you incorporated the oranges in your next card. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so here is the deal!! You have to teach a class in July or I will cry! I love your projects and think they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning....I love the reflection card too.... you wanna come to the left coast and teach us? lol... they really are gorgeous...thanx for sharing your wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sign me up as a fan (oh wait I already am a fan of your work). All three of these cards are fantabulous. TFS


    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow ... lovin' that reflection card! It is so peaceful and colorful - great job on your first card of they type. The other cards are great too, but the first one just flooded me with a restful feeling! Thanx for creating and sharing, hugs, Sassy Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that reflection card is stunning. Love the others as well. You are making me wish I would have purchased that stamp set and paper. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think I wanted this set.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW is right! These are AMAZING! You always do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully you will teach a reflection card class! It was stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This set is my new favorite! Awesome top card..you can see the reflection of the light in the water ... lovely! Ditto on the class..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just amazing! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. TFS the idea of using the cogs punch with the compass. I have been stumped for uses for the punch and this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so realistic--awesome job! Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As soon as I saw your first card, I went "WHOA!" It absolutely took my breath away. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone, for all of your compliments. Some days I live for your kind words. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Elizabeth, I love, love, love your reflection card. You do such outstanding work and your projects for this hop are great!

    ReplyDelete