Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday, Merry Christmas

I know it's Thanksgiving next week, but I have moved onto Christmas cards!
This week's sketch is from Stacey Tomkowiak.  I liked her sketch so much I followed it perfectly.  Thanks, Stacey!
This sketch reminded me that I haven't used my apothecary accents framelits in a long time.  I had envisioned the snowman in the White Christmas stamp set looking up at the birds and I got it to fit into the frame.  The mat I traced and handcut.
Although it was cloudy today, I still think you can see that I colored the 3 rhinestones at the bottom right red.  I did color over them three times, waiting until the previous coat dried.
I have to tell you after I worked with those stripes on the Nordic Noel DSP for a while, everything looked like it was crooked when I layered/glued them down.

Stamps - White Christmas
Cardstock - Real Red, Garden Green, Whisper White
Ink - Real Red and Garden Green markers and pads, Memento black
Accessories - Apothecary Accents framelits, Rhinestones, Cherry blendabilities, sponge

Check out the design team's creations at Sketch Frenzy Friday blog.  I would love to see your creations, so add yours using the InLinkz at the bottom of the post.
Elizabeth K.



1 comment: