Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday, Happy Thoughts

One of the reasons I subscribe to the monthly kit, My Paper Pumpkin, is that I noticed last year how often the stamps, paper & embellishments coordinate with SU!'s products from the Annual Catalog.  Two other reasons:  there are more items in the kit now and I love surprises in the mail.  Today's stamp set and die cuts are from the June 2015 P.P.  I love how they so beautifully coordinate with the Pretty Petals 6"x 6" DSP stacks!

Don't you just love that sentiment?  Very pretty font!  I am into lettering and even started my own lettering art journal, which I may share here one day. 
No picture of the inside of the card, but I used Vanilla cardstock with torn strips of the paper added to the bottom.

 Thank you, Kim Innis, for the sketch:
This week's sketch uses washi tape.  I don't have any washi tape from the current catalog, so I used the patterned paper instead.  It's very pretty, and now I think I need to buy up all the new washi!

By the way, Pinterest has all kinds of ideas about making alternative cards & items from P.P. kits.

Well, you can use washi from your stash or maybe those pretty DSP leftover strips to make a card inspired from today's sketch.  Add your creation to the bottom of the post on Sff blog.  I would love to see what you use for the strips!

Have a Blessed and Happy Weekend!
Elizabeth K.







No comments:

Post a Comment