Friday, February 6, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday, A Friend Loveth

Hello!  It's another Friday!  YAY!
The weekend is here and I am looking forward to a road trip to my sister's.  It will be fun, especially since I pretend her grandkids are mine and spoil them!

Thanks, Stacey, for today's SFF sketch:

And here's my card:

I wanted to play around with our SAB DSP,  Irresistibly Yours.  It is a white paper with a glossy white pattern and is perfect for coloring using a variety of techniques.  Coloring the background reveals the glossy pattern.  I brayered on Garden Green and Calypso Coral ink.  Be sure to wipe the ink off of the glossy part right away when you are finished.
I also tried the technique where I use a circle framelit that is trimmed first on the edges that extend past the framelit.  It was easier than I thought.
Supplies
Stamps - Banner Blessings
Ink - Garden Green, Calypso Coral
 Cardstock - Garden Green, Calypso Coral, White,  Irresistibly Yours and Gold Soiree DSP
Accessories - Circle Framelits (4th from center);  2"and 2-1/2" circle punches; brayer, regals candy dots
Measurements for panels - 2-3/4" x 4-1/2" (after bottom end is trimmed), 
2-1/8" x 3-1/2" (green panel),  2-1/4" x 1-7/8"

Create a card using our SFF sketch and be sure to add it to the SFF Blog using the link at the bottom.
Have an awesome weekend!
Elizabeth K.

2 comments:

  1. I have wondered how those circles with extended pieces were done. Thank you sharing your technique and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete