Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Blended Ballerina

Stampin' Up's new alcohol markers are called Blendabilities! They blend very well!
The Ballerina digi image below is by Kristen Werner,  but all the coloring was done with SU! Blendabilities.
Using the Skin Tone Assortment and blending the colors several times really makes for a smooth face.  I used the Ivory for the base color, then darkened a few areas with Nude, then back to Ivory to blend out the line where the two met.  I also used the Blush marker to make the two circles on her cheeks. That was also blended around the outside with the Ivory.  Her lips, dress and shoes were colored with the Calypso Coral trio.

The Night of Navy Light marker was used for her eyes and the shadow.  I thought the shadow was too bright, so I added the Smoky Slate Light to darken it a little.  Well, you know I did go a little crazy with the shadow and had to "erase" the blue/slate that wanted to meet in the middle!  I am so impressed with the Color Lifter!  It was easy to erase the color, then after it dried, I grabbed my Ivory marker to recolor that area of the face.  I bet you can't even see that mistake!  (I had not allowed the Color Lifter on my other mistakes to dry before taking this photo;  those out-of the-lines color on the top of her hair and her left side top of the skirt definitely look better when dry.)

Daffodil Delight markers were used for her hair, but as you can tell my Daffodil Dark marker had no ink in it.  When I get another I will add those dark areas to the hair.

If you use the Blendabilities, let me know what you think of them in a comment below.  Have you compared them to Copic markers?  What do you think?

Elizabeth K.

No comments:

Post a Comment