Tuesday, May 19, 2015

VC Rocks, Make and Take

"I Think You're Pretty Swell"
That statement and old cameras go together, reminding me of my childhood.


Supplies:

Stamps - Big On You
Ink -  Memento Tuxedo Black*
Cardstock - Whisper White. Basic Black, Flashback DSP
Accessories - 6-1/2" Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon

* I had just reinked my ink pad and didn't want to wait for it to soak in well, so when I stamped my sentiment there were little white patchy spots on the thick black line.  I decided that this gave my card a more vintage look.  

  1.   Cut Whisper White cardstock to make the standard card of 5-1/2" x  4-1/4"
  2.   Cut Basic Black layer,  5-3/8" x 4-1/8";  using Stampin' Distress Tool, distress edges of layer.
  3.   Cut Flashback DSP layer to 5-1/4" x 4".
  4.   Stamp sentiment on blue layer of DSP; trim to 3-1/4" x 3-3/8", then carefully distress.  
  5.   Punch star out of blue layer and adhere scrap piece behind it;  adhere to 3-3/8" x 3-1/2" basic   black distressed layer.
  6.   Tie each end of the ribbon, maneuvering the knots to the right place;  trim ends, adhere.
  7.   Layer sentiment over part of the ribbon and  adhere with dimensionals.
  8.   Step it up by black embossing the sentiment.          

No comments:

Post a Comment